The Best Edinburgh Tours, Architecture, And More
There’s no better person to help plan your Edinburgh itinerary than Gavin Stirling, the concierge at Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel. Whether you’re in town for a day or a week, he’ll point you in the right direction and help you make the most of your time in town. Here are some insider recommendations from our concierge to get started:
- Stroll from Dean Village along Water of Leith until you arrive in the Stockbridge area. On Sundays, there's small—but truly amazing market—that showcases a selection of artisanal food and drink.
- Movie buffs should time their visit to the International Film Festival in June. The Cameo Cinema and Filmhouse are the city’s best indie-film destinations.
- Enjoy a cocktail at Bullard & Worth, a little hidden gem tucked away on Rose Street North Lane—just ask our concierge to secure a table.
- Climb Arthur's Seat and take in the panoramic view across the city—it's simply stunning.
- Bibliophiles will love visiting in August, when scores of critically acclaimed authors, novelists, and literary greats flock to the city for the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
- Don't leave without dining at Ondine —it's the city’s best seafood destination.