There’s no better person to help plan your Edinburgh itinerary than Gavin Stirling, the concierge at Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel. Whether you’re in town for a day or a week, he’ll point you in the right direction and help you make the most of your time in town. Here are some insider recommendations from our concierge to get started:
- Stroll from Dean Village along Water of Leith until you arrive in the Stockbridge area. On Sundays, there’s small—but truly amazing market—that showcases a selection of artisanal food and drink.
- Movie buffs should time their visit to the International Film Festival in June. The Cameo Cinema and Filmhouse are the city’s best indie-film destinations.
- Enjoy a cocktail at Bullard & Worth, a little hidden gem tucked away on Rose Street North Lane—just ask our concierge to secure a table.
- Climb Arthur’s Seat and take in the panoramic view across the city—it’s simply stunning.
- Bibliophiles will love visiting in August, when scores of critically acclaimed authors, novelists, and literary greats flock to the city for the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
- Don’t leave without dining at Ondine —it’s the city’s best seafood destination.