There’s no better person to help plan your Edinburgh itinerary than Gavin Stirling, the concierge at Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel. Whether you’re in town for a day or a week, he’ll point you in the right direction and help you make the most of your time in town. Here are some insider recommendations from our concierge to get started:
- Stroll from Dean Village along Water of Leith until you arrive in the Stockbridge area. On Sundays, there’s small—but truly amazing market—that showcases a selection of artisanal food and drink.
- Come visit Edinburgh the first two weeks of August! The streets are quieter, finding a reservation at one of our top restaurants is easier and Fringe Comedy Festival have great offers on tickets as they arm up their acts.
- Enjoy a cocktail at Never Really Here, a true rough diamond, spit and sawdust speakeasy tucked away on Rose Street North Lane—just ask our concierge to secure a table.
- Climb Arthur’s Seat and take in the panoramic view across the city—it’s simply stunning.
- Bibliophiles will love visiting in August, when scores of critically acclaimed authors, novelists, and literary greats flock to the city for the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
- Don’t leave without dining at Ondine —it’s the city’s best seafood destination.
Edinburgh has more Michelin starred restaurants than any other UK city outside of London. An insider tip from us, ensure you book in advance as availability is limited year round! Here is a selection of some of our favourites: